- Why should you buy sharkara varatti from us?
- Fresh and good quality banana is used for preparation
- Real taste of Sharkara Varatti is retained
- No artificial sugar added
- All ingredients are authentic and traditional
- Do you make sharkara varatti using coconut oil?
Yes, of course, we prepare sharkara varatti using pure coconut oil. We assure you that it is 100% original and authentic.
- I would like to make sharkara varattiat home. Can you give me the recipe?
- Peel off the plantain skin and cut each of them into half lengthwise.
- Cut each into 1/2 cm thick pieces again and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, pour the oil and heat it at medium-high flame.
- Add the plantain pieces when the oil becomes hot and fry it on a medium flame stirring occasionally until the banana pieces become golden yellow and crisp. (at least 30 minutes to fry a batch).
- Feel the crispness of the chips as you stir them around.
- Take the chips out of the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel and let it cool down.
- Melt the jaggery by adding 2 tbsp of water to it. If there are impurities, strain the jaggery and use it.
- Add the cumin powder, 2 tbsp powdered sugar and cardamom to the jaggery syrup and bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- When the syrup is in the right consistency, lower the heat and add the fried banana pieces.
- Mix well and stir continuously in order to prevent the chips from sticking to each other.
- Remove from the stove and add the ginger powder.
- Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar, mix well.
- Finally just sprinkle the rice flour.
- The delicious sarkkara varatti is ready to serve. Keep them in an airtight container
- Ensure that the jaggery syrup is of the right consistency, else the chips will be sticky.
- For making 1 kg of sharkkara varatty, you need approximately 600gm jaggery.