How to make Ginger coffee at home
4 cups of water
1 tablespoon Dry ginger powder
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
1 tablespoon Instant Coffee Powder
20 Tulsi leaves (holy basil)
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
3 tablespoons Jaggery , (adjust to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- Boil enough water in a saucepan
- Add jaggery when the water starts boiling and stir until it dissolves.
- Add dry ginger powder, cumin seeds, coffee powder, black pepper and boil for about 4 minutes
- Add Tulsi (Holy basil) leaves and let the mixture boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and a bit of salt
Strain the Chukku Kaapi and serve hot